Thursday, April 5, 2018

April 06, 2018 #AprilTTRPGMaker 06: Favorite Game Mechanic?

April 06, 2018
#05: Favorite Game Mechanic

Currently, there are three game mechanics I really love from the many games I've played so far. In no particular order, the first one would be Stunting/Flair.  Giving players extra dice as a reward for describing things better or making the scene more awesome is always a good thing.

The second would have to be the Heart Rate Mechanic of Lacuna. It was such an ingenious method of ramping up tension and giving the players a clear view of how much they were risking their lives with each passing moment while handling a mission. It was just elegantly perfect.

The last would be the use of flashbacks to further develop a story. I generously used this in my game, A Single Moment, and I really loved how it was capitalized on to capture the feel of the show, Leverage, in the Leverage RPG. It also makes a delicious appearance as Preparedness in Gumshoe and as the Stress spending actions in Blades in the Dark. 




I challenge ye, my dear fellow game makers, to answer my questions, on the corresponding day, this burgeoning April, and verily it shall be that ye shall be inspired by all makers around you and in this beautiful world henceforth. #AprilTTRPGMaker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...