Monday, April 30, 2018

#AprilTTRPGMaker 29: Your Community?

#29: Your Community?
It has become much smaller than it used to be.
But at its core, I can see the people who truly cared for me and for the hobby. I can see the people who run games because we love sharing the moment with our friends. I can see the people who recognize and value fellow creators. I can see the people who don't use their connections, fame, and wealth, to gatekeep or marginalize others. I see people I am happy to call my friends.

While I miss the days of being able to serve and share knowledge with a much larger community, I know for now I have to take care of myself. To heal the scars and trauma I have gained from the betrayal and the bullying I had to endure. Maybe someday I'll fully have the courage to step out more often again. Maybe soon, I'll find myself invited to be part of things again and not feel like I'm the focus of rumors and lies being told behind my back.

Maybe someday I can be part of the larger community again because there will be more diversity-friendly and more respectful people in the position to guide things. But while those days are far away, I can focus instead on those who stayed close and supportive of me.  And I can write.




From https://twitter.com/Kiranansi

I challenge ye, my dear fellow game makers, to answer my questions, on the corresponding day, this burgeoning April, and verily it shall be that ye shall be inspired by all makers around you and in this beautiful world henceforth. #AprilTTRPGMaker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...